Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Similarities

When I first got my dog I had to wrap her up in a towel and hold her while she freaked out. She bit, she snarled and fought until she was completed worn out and finally submitted to being pet and cuddled and, well, loved.

She's the sweetest dog in the world. She still freaks out in exactly the same manner when I cut her nails.

I can't help but think most relationships are like this at some point. The question is: is the person doing the loving strong enough to hold the other person until the fight has left them and they will allow it? Does the instinct to bite, scratch and claw ever leave when you don't speak the other person's language? Do you ever stop wanting to get away?

1 comment:

  1. Shawn held on while I would bite him! Oh I guess you can take that in many ways.

    ReplyDelete